She thought that the series of 5 collage drawings that I made after admiring the Chippendale catalogue would be a good addition to the collection, and I agreed to donate these. I now need to spend some time thinking about titling the work, and deciding upon the sequence of the drawings.
At the moment, all but one of the drawings has the image facing in the same direction, but I wanted to test whether it would make a difference if they all faced the same way, hence why I made another.
This drawing was very controlled and neat, so in order to become a bit more unpredictable I dipped the drawing in water so that the ink dispersed.
I used a variety of envelope samples and drawn elements.
I drew onto the envelope with a design that was intended to frame the address window in the envelope.
I have been producing different fret drawings on postcards, with the intention of them all fitting together to build a larger composition.
Tomorrow I will complete the final corner of the frame.