Thursday 28 August 2014

Inspirational landscapes

I love getting recommendations from friends with artworks I should see, books I should read, films I should watch, places I should visit etc, and the sheer excellence at what they suggest shows how well they know me and how lucky I am to have such interesting friends.

The photos below featured in The Guardian's Culture section, and are truly breathtaking.

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2014/aug/27/rainbow-world-the-most-colourful-places-on-earth-in-pictures?CMP=soc_1944\

 Black Rock Desert in Nevada. Photograph: Jeff Foott

Dallol, a volcanic crater in Ethiopia. Photograph: Dr. Richard Roscoe

 The Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone National Park. Photograph: Xuan Che/Getty Images

 Mustard fields in Yunnan province, China. Photograph: Katie Garrod/Corbis

 Rock formations at the Zhangye Danxia Landform Geological Park in Gansu Province, China. Photograph: Xin Ran/Corbis

‘The Wave’, a 190m-year-old Jurassic-age sandstone rock formation in Arizona. Photograph: Blaine Harrington III/Corbis

Please keep those recommendations coming!

No comments: