Tuesday 25 October 2016

It's all go in readiness for Friday's publication launch and exhibition at NewBridge Books

I am somewhat overwhelmed and delighted by the positive responses from artists accepting my invitation to respond to my recent publication with UnstapledPress, A lot can happen in fifteen minutes. 

As we prepare for the publication launch on Friday, artists from around the UK and abroad are busy creating their own responses to the publication. These responses will be exhibited at the closing event on Friday 11th November. 



Today Deanna (from UnstapledPress) and I have been working on some collages which will be exhibited in NewBridge Books, and I have been practicing the readings.

I've also been busy corresponding with the artists who are contributing to the closing event. The group of artists involved are at different stages of their careers and working in different ways, but all are producing work in response to the publication. It is their choice as to what specifically they respond to, whether it be a diagram or drawing within the publication, a particular text or sentence within a text, or the general tone and themes that run throughout the publication.

As the number of contributing artists increases, so does the number of publications sold. Today Newcastle University Library got in touch to let me know that they have purchased a copy for the library. I hope that it is well received.

The publication can be purchased online from http://www.unstapledpress.bigcartel.com/product/a-lot-can-happen-in-fifteen-minutes

I would like to thank all those who have, and continue to support my recent exploration into creative writing.

Happy reading!

No comments: