Tuesday, 26 November 2013


Today was my first proper day of using the gallery as a studio. I began by sorting out the materials and equipment that I moved at the weekend from my studio into the space. While waiting for the first of my two deliveries of plaster, I taped up some of the moulds that I will be using to cast the bookshelves. I want there to be an interesting texture on the surface of the cast, and so covered the contiboard panel that will become the outward facing surface, with textured tape.

I was lucky enough to get some help lifting the three 25kg bags of plaster up to the second floor - phew! I am expecting the rest of my order tomorrow, so decided to wait until all the plaster has arrived before beginning casting.

I am fascinated by the gallery flooring; the texture and pattern of the parquet tiles. I made some rubbings of the floor.


No comments: