Thursday 21 November 2013

Outcome of my bubblewrap casting experiments

Today I removed the casts from the various moulds that I had covered in bubblewrap. This is how they turned out:


These were from the mould covered in bubblewrap with large bubbles.



These were from the mould that was covered in bubblewrap with small bubbles.


The cast below was from a mould that had been covered in large-bubble bubblewrap and then a layer of parcel tape.


I was surprised by how easy the cast could be removed from the bubblewrap. The bubblewrap texture is fairly distinct, but I am not happy with the rough edges.

I think that the cast above looks unconsidered and messy, as there is no defined pattern.






All of the casts above were made from layers of different coloured plaster. The test piece above shows one of the colour combinations used. I think these colours work really well together, so will use this again.

No comments: