Thursday, 28 November 2013

First cast revealed

Today I removed the first of the casts from its mould. The colours are vibrant and it fits well into the bookshelf, which is pleasing. I had applied gaffa tape to one of the surfaces of the mould but the texture is very feint. The other surfaces of the cast that were against the contiboard are incredibly smooth and flat. Although I had originally wanted a textured surface to the casts, on reflection, I have decided that the smooth contiboard surface is ideal as there is already a lot going on within the work in terms of colour and composition, and another element may be too much.

After removing the cast from the mould, I continued to mix more coloured plaster, and pour more layers into the moulds that I began filling yesterday.

No comments: