Monday 25 December 2017

Christmas Greetings



Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and hoping that 2018 is filled with happiness, good health and creativity.



As I reflect on what has been a challenging but exciting year, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and interest in what I am doing in the studio.

Here are some of my highlights from 2017

RAISE A MUG TO NEWBRIDGE!



I collaborated with NewBridge studio holder Holly Wheeler to make an artwork celebrating the relocation of The NewBridge Project from NewBridge Street West to Carliol House.



The stress and hassle of the move has been worthwhile as I now enjoy working in my wonderful studio.

After devoting the initial few months of the year to writing proposals and submitting applications, the work paid off as I was awarded funding from Arts Council to support my year-long project, Voices : Within and Without.



In April I was fortunate enough to participate in the one-of-a-kind Spoken Word residency at The Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity in Canada. It was an amazing experience where I learned a great deal and made some incredible friends.



My four-channel audio installation, Everything Will Be Alright, was exhibited in the Stables Gallery at Cheeseburn Sculpture during the May Open Weekend.



Artist Melinda McGarry invited me to work towards an exhibition to take place in her barn in Hexham next year.



In July I delivered 'A lot can happen in a day', a day-long writing and performance workshop, which culminated in hosted a performance evening at Turf Projects in London.



I was asked by Juliet Fleming to write about her solo exhibition Something Coquettish at The House of Blah Blah in Middlesbrough.



I exhibited in Reality Check, the inaugural exhibition at The NewBridge Project:Gateshead.



The Drone Ensemble, the 'group' that I perform with, have had a number of gigs, one of which was at The Sage as part of TUSK music festival.



I have enjoyed increasing my skills through a risograph and a camera-less film workshop.



I also enjoyed developing a Spoken Word and performance workshop which I delivered at Newcastle University. It was a huge success with the students, and I intend to deliver more of these workshops at other educational establishments.



2018 is set to be a busy year as I already have a number of exhibitions lined up:* March 2018 - Bitter Sweet Group Exhibition - Assembly House, Leeds* April 2018 - Voices: Within and Without Solo Exhibition - The Word, South Shields* TBA shortly - Top secret for now! Press announcement expected in January



Hope you enjoy the festive period and that 2018 is a cracking good one for all.

No comments: