My target for today was to finish casting, using all the moulds for both the floor pieces and the moulds for the bookshelves. About half way through, I ran out of plaster (my eighth bag!) Having to complete the casting tomorrow, once I had been able to buy more plaster, would have a big impact on my schedule for the rest of the week, so a phonecall was made to Ruth to see if she had any spare plaster in her studio that I could purchase from her immediately. Ruth didnt have any plaster, but she was able to contact a friend who had a spare bag. Miss Rachel O'Neill - thanks for coming to the rescue! With an additional bag of plaster, I was able to cast in all of the moulds prepared, hand ave a little to spare in case of any emergency.
These are the casts I made for the shelves yesterday. When I laid them out and looked at them alongside the first casts I made for the shelves about a month ago, I can see how they have progressed, and I now prefer the more recent casts. I don't have enough of the newer casts to be able to fill the whole bookcase and so I will have to try to balance the old with the new so that they become a whole rather than a couple of different works.