Wednesday 16 November 2016

No Niceties - Sean Burn - Contributing Artist

can pen















"Sean (Burn) here. Hi, I'm a writer / performer / self-taught artist with active involvement in disability arts. I'm also part of the mad studies north-east collective http://madstudiesne.weebly.com/ Much of my creative work 'reclaims the languages of lunacy' based on my own experience as psychiatric survivor. I write up gallery walls with charcoal, project visuals at night, blank out dictionaries, create poster-trails, stage interventions, distribute alt-banknotes via mail art & am published in zines, pamphlets and online. I even show work more conventionally. My solo exhibition still alone in her voices- inspired by my experiences of psychosis, launched at Broadacre house, Newcastle (thanks to the mental health collective), and now tours until 2020"




No comments: