Friday 30 October 2015

Sound recording in a proper studio!

I've recently been doing some vocal recording and I've been learning how to use an audio editing programme. It's been hard to find anywhere in the Fine Art building that is quiet enough for recording, and so I booked to use a sound room in the music department at the University. I expected to simply get a quiet booth, but was surprised to find out that it was a proper recording studio with one room which contained the microphones and an adjacent room separated by a glass window which contained the computer recording equipment. 



The wonderful Dave even helped provide some technical support! It was a rather surreal experience, but once I adapted to the situation, the recording went well and I am hopeful that I have some good quality footage to edit. 


No comments: