Thursday 31 May 2012

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Over the past couple of weeks I have been diverted away from my studio due to a number of factors. I am currently in the process of moving house (yet again), and the flat hunting, sorting, packing, cleaning, and unpacking process seems to have consumed much of my time.

In addition, I recently trapped a nerve in my back, and so my movement has been limited. Lifting things has been out of the question (not good when you are moving flat), and so I have had to take a break from casting.

These restraints have caused me to work in new ways and try different processes. I have been working on some new animations and experimenting with paints and collage. One has to adapt to different situations and conditions, and I am keener than ever to get back into the studio and begin making again.

No comments: