Friday 5 May 2017

I've landed

Wow, what a truly incredible fortnight. I've arrived safely back to Newcastle after a life-changing experience on the Spoken Word residency at the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, Canada. It's kind of ironic that, even though I have been living in the world of poetry and storytelling I am struggling to find the words to sum up my experience.

I faced some challenges that I had not anticipated in addition to those I had expected,
I developed a bond with the fellow participants and faculty, unlike anything I imagined,
I was introduced to a number of new concepts and ideas such as Akashic Records and memory pegging
I ate food I have never eaten before
and have learned lots about myself and how to belong in this crazy world.

It is taking a while for me to adapt back to UK time, so please bear with me as I conquer the jet lag. I will be posting more about my experience on the Spoken Word program, but in the meanwhile, I hope you enjoy this elk adventure.


No comments: