Wednesday 7 May 2014

Back in the studio

My studio time of late has been taken up with funding applications, writing, proposals and paperwork. Although I would like not to have to divert my attention from making, I accept that this is the way things have to be, and realise that in order to be able to continue making work and exhibiting, the administration and paperwork is necessary. At times, a break from making ones own work can be beneficial and prompt a period of reflection and evaluation, allowing ideas to flourish and reconfirm one's desire to make artwork.

It can be slightly daunting or nerve-wracking to begin making work again, even after a short pause. 

I am still teaching myself to stop putting pressure on myself, and to relax in the making process, acknowledging that there are no failures.

I've really enjoyed getting back into the studio, and have picked up from where I was, using colour swatches to make collages & small studies.







No comments: