Monday 7 January 2013

Motherwell Exhibition

In light of the recent debate about artists getting an exhibition fee, I was delighted to receive my Exhibition Contract from North Lanarkshire Council relating to an exhibition I have at Motherwell Concert Hall and Theatre in September and October this year.

The contract consists of a single page of A4 with:
  • basic information about the exhibition - date of exhibition, venue etc
  • artist details - name, contact details, 
  • exhibition fee details - amount, how it will be paid, what the artist is responsible for in order to get the exhibition fee
  • signature from artist and council

Receiving this document fills me with confidence, especially as the exhibition is 8 months away!

The contract is extremely basic, but has all the information required at this stage. I fail to understand why other galleries cannot operate in such a respectful and professional manner, but look forward to having the exhibition in Motherwell.

No comments: