Saturday 1 January 2022

Goodbye 2021 and hello 2022

 2021 was a challenging year for all, and I really struggled for numerous reasons. 

One thing that kept me going was my lockdown diaries. They continue to prove to be a valuable way of me processing the events of each day, week, month and year, and are a fascinating record to look back at. I like to think that they will be of use to others in the future, providing a document of a unique period of time i.e. the Coronavirus pandemic. My diaries have also been a great way for me to connect with others, and I am continuously surprised and delighted by the interest that lots of people have in them. Thank you to everyone who support me and the diaries.

Other highlights from the year (and there are many) include;

Filling Time 2020 exhibited at BALTIC, Gateshead as part of BALTIC Open Submission exhibition



The Visitors exhibited in Byre, an exhibition of site-specific art by Olivia Irvine, Melinda McGarry, Helen Shaddock and Ally Wallace




Moving into my studio at the new home of The NewBridge Project




Exhibiting Everything Will Be Alright at Cheeseburn Sculpture.

Gaining Access support enabling me to work with Caroline Pearce to write and monitor a major Arts Council application.

Being awarded DYCP funding from Arts Council England to work on a printmaking project with Alex Charrington at Charrington Editions 





Producing and selling my own 2022 calendar from my watercolour series.

I am looking forward to getting back into the screenprinting studio with Alex on Monday and producing my first proper edition of screenprints.

My application for the BALTIC Curator visits was selected and I am excited about meeting with Katherine Welsh, Curator at the BALTIC for a couple of studio visits. 

I'm pleased to be working with Caroline again to write up another Arts Council application.

I've got some more exciting plans in the pipeline, and so watch this space for more art updates.

Once again, thanks to all for your continued support. I do hope that you get great pleasure from my artwork as much as I gain satisfaction making it.

Warm wishes for 2022


No comments: