Thursday 11 February 2016

Setup for critique

I took the group critique as an opportunity to gain some feedback on the various experiments I have been doing in the studio with food. I set up my space with a variety of sculptures, collages and drawings.



I wanted to display the small sculptures in a way that they could be scrutinised from all angles. The stands that I made for speakers for a previous installation are an ideal height to view the sculptures, so I placed a plank of wood on top of the stands and used it as a makeshift plinth.


Earlier in the week I used the large scale digital printer to print one of the photographs of the sculptures.


I also hung a new work; a bird feeder bag filled with rainbow drops as opposed to the natural peanuts or seeds that are usually contained within bird feeders. 


No comments: