Friday 12 April 2013

In conversation event

Thanks to everyone who attended the event at Market Gallery tonight where I was in conversation with Julie-Ann Delaney (curator at National Galleries, Edinburgh) and Martin Craig (Learning and Access curator, GoMA, Glasgow).

Topics we discussed included the issues of labelling work, medium specificity, the process of making work, accessibility, titling work, and how the residency has impacted on my practice.

I am very grateful to Martin and Julie-Ann for agreeing to speak and for sharing with us their experience and insights.

Thanks also to the committee and the wonderful Market Gallery volunteers who, yet again, provided valuable assistance and documented the event.

I hope to share the documentation with you once it has been edited, so keep checking the blog.

I'm disappointed that the exhibition is in its final day now, and that this weekend will be spent de-stalling the work, wrapping it and moving it, but some of the works will be exhibited again in different venues, details of which I will reveal in due course.

No comments: