Sunday 29 July 2012

Open Studio day 1

Thanks to all those who visited me in my studio on day one of Open Studios at the South Block.

I had some really great discussions with some interesting people, and was delighted to get such positive responses to my work.

Was recommended to research Galerie fur Kunst und Literatur in Basel as they often exhibit artists books.

Another recommendation was the magazine Esopus, "a twice-yearly arts magazine featuring fresh, unmediated perspectives on contemporary culture from a wide range of creative professionals. It includes artists’ projects, critical writing, fiction, poetry, visual essays, interviews, and, in each issue, an audio CD.

Published by the non-profit Esopus Foundation Ltd., the magazine has a simple mission: to provide an unfiltered, non-commercial space in which creative people and the public can connect in meaningful, productive ways."

I look forward to another interesting day tomorrow.

No comments: